Monday, May 24, 2010

Oh My Oh My BDQ1000

 I was actually speechless when starting this writing about my beloved BDQ1000. Yes it is a car, Iswara Aeroback 1.5A. Like its registration number keeps seribu satu cerita, I got the car as second hand back in 2003 when started to work in Kulim Hi-Tech park. So I have to travel back and forth from Penang island to Kulim Hi-Tech, everyday to work. Heard that the original owner was a doctor and it has been almost 7 years with me now and currently trailing along KL and Selangor traffics. 

It really gave me headache last week when I have to repeatedly went to the workshop almost everyday. Started with the tear-off right rear tire because the inner wire lining appeared to the surface. I just realized that when approaching plaza toll Bt. Jelutong when it gave rubber-burning smell. The mechanic told that was due to the rear suspension system was not right and it did not balance the tires handling. The middle bush of the rear suspension and absorber need to be replaced. Anyway I just replaced the overcooked tire on the spot and changed a pair of absorber after few days later. Next day when I was coming into KESAS, from Bukit Jalil Aked Esplanad, to work, there was a Wira hit me at the back. My BDQ rear bumper on top of tire fender was little bit came out-position and there was bent body spot under it due to the hit impact. I went to the mechanic and it need RM250 for the body work, to repair the bumper and bent fender. Later I informed the guy who hit me and luckily he agreed to pay. I was quite busy and till now I have not sent the car for the body work yet, anyway it is scheduled to be sent to the workshop on this Tuesday.  

Next day after the accident I noticed there was smoke came out from the engine especially when stopping at a traffic light or junction. I checked there were unusual oil leaking at the front of the engine but actually it was leaking all this while but not that bad. As the matter of fact I always check the engine oil level and top it up every 2 weeks. I found the bad oil leak was due to the broken engine oil switch that made the oil dripped like a broken tanker. So I just replaced the oil switch and it was fine when coming back home and even went out that night. The next day when I was warming it up to go out I noticed there was battery indicator on its dashboard and I hoped it was not alternator problem. So I just ignored it until I wanted to go home from somewhere and decided to drop by at the workshop. The mechanic confirmed it was the alternator problem but could not replace it that day because all the part shops was closed during that weekend. Next day I went there and replaced the alternator and also was advised by the mechanic to do the alignment and balancing for the front wheel because he found the tire tracks was tear-off on the inner site. Emmm I will do it next month, and that if the BDQ will not give any trouble, in the meantime, I sighed to the mechanic.

BDQ is scheduled to change the timing belt, in fact it is already due after 2000KM now and plan to go back to Terengganu to have my brother work on it. Actually I planned to go back last weekend but due to the tight schedule and of course the budget, I postponed it next week. 

It has been giving great pleasure service to me all this awhile and I usually take it very hard everyday and it is kind of old robust wheel. I got to be kidding, it is now almost 18 years old wheel! I always monitor its maintenance schedule and not sure when it is going to retire and give the last service to me, either next year, next month, next week or tomorrow? Well it is Proton made, one of the affordable wheels for 1Malaysian with compromising the common headache.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

tupang laluu.... ambe dulu pakai gok iswara auto tapi kaler silver. 1.5A je tapi pikap buleh tahann sbb bodi ringan kot..

potech said...

Ho pick up ok minyok pon buleh tahan gop thehehe