Wednesday, October 7, 2009

The Good Old Days The Best Nowadays

One of the best Eid Ul-Fitr holiday that I spent at my hometown Kuala Terengganu(K.T) during last Raya. Reckon that it is really great opportunity to go back to hometown once in awhile besides the tight schedule at work. What a chance to meet long lost relatives, updates from cousins while aunts blabbering about their baju raya or son or daughter who have better wife or husband candidate and all that only along in the Eid Ul-Fitr gathering.

Now whenever I go back to K.T., regardless for any holidays, I will try to hang out with some of schoolmate, at least for a teh tarik session.

Amir Robert the buddy who I never missed to meet, knew him since we were dajoh 5 but from different primary school at the time. It is really great to get in touch with old friends back as good as the old days. Yes!, I mean in person, even some of us keep in touch among ourselves in the cyber world. It is outrageous awesome, I can say though? If I am not mistaken, 3 years back was the first big schoolmate gathering of Sekolah Menengah Sultan Sulaiman Kuala Terengganu(SMSSKT; now known as SMKSSKT) batch '86-'90. It assembled about more than 40 boys at Hj. Nasir a.k.a Pok Abu's house in Rusila, Marang. I wasn't aware about the gathering until went to Robert's open house and he told me about that. That night he forced me to beripong ghama-ghama, to come over to the place and surprisingly I managed to join the laughter. Personally I really love meeting them even it took me sometime to recall the faces and names seem most of us do not resemble the school time face and size anymore due to the after married biological effect with the perut boyo, pa'la botok, for instance. The second gathering if I am not mistaken was a year later, also held few days after Eid Ul-Fitr, at the Pok Abu's house again but sadly I turned to go back to Penang during that time. Credit to Pok Abu for his effort to brought us back together. Begun couple years back whenever I managed to go back to the home ground, I'll make a chance to go out minung air with some of us who available in the town. 

                    The usual quorum of the ahli mesyuarat tingkap who are Remy Lada, Robert, Den'nang De'sit - the PA to Remy, Za'har Ka'tok - PA to the Remy's PA, Rambo, Mesol Awang Hija. As we update or get an update from each other and about other friends on how we are doing nowadays and yet we can even talk about the school time stories repeatedly, masa b'uah di skoloh long time ago. We managed to play futsal at Remy's futsal centre(credit to Remy) and bowling(credit to Aswadi Kambing to sponsor the game). The best part that I really love to enjoy, speak up all out with cak'ak Tranung kite that always make us glekek selok sokmo. I miss this very much whenever I back in KL. 


If we can turn the clock back to the old days and if you ask your folks where would you like most to be at and the answer would be the school days, I bet. I don't know until when I'll be meeting up with them again but for sure friendship is never end!

No comments: