Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Oh My...TV - The Happy Ending

Mr Ong the technician that I contacted last night, came to my house this morning to check my tv. He opened up the huge tv box at the back and then used his multimeter to test the set. It took him about 15 minutes then he suspected the IC problem. He then took out the whole mainboard, detached it from the CRT and the tv box and brought it back to his home. He said it would take one day to get the part and install it. So the tv box and the screen were left at the rack like a cleaned fish without its inner organ. 

He called this evening while I was at the office and told the mainboard was fixed with a new IC and ready to come over to my home to test with the complete set. Later, he came and again only took about 15 minutes to fix it back to the tv box and test. I was so glad it worked, my kids also really happy that they could watch their favorite evening channel again. Mr Ong told me that he used original part not part from Jalan Pasar which Made in China and he gave one month warranty. I was not sure if he bluffed because I could not check the part but he's looked a responsible forty's folk, I believe? He charged me, total RM130 also explained about the problem. Well it did not really bother me since it is working now, in fact got one month warranty.

Mr Ong does not have a shop and work at his home in Sri Petaling where just nearby to my area. I kept his number and forgot to ask him if he also repair other things, just in case, you know!

No comments: