Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My Oh My...TV

Pic from the net
 This is not the sequel of my recent post Oh My Oh My BDQ.., just in case if you have read that but it is about my 9 years Sony Wega Trinitron 29". It served me and the family pretty well until last night out of sudden it just pop'd!! the screen slowly went blank and the sound was totally mute. I tried turn it OFF and ON but neither shinning stars or thunder storm appeared nor tiny sound at all. Only the power indicator kept blinking. So I think is not the power issue but  CRT leak, instead.

Since I'm not really an electronic geek, so I called friends for advice. A friend who work with Samsung Plant at Senawang where specialized for CRT told me that it is probably caused by blew IC or capacitor or the worst, CRT. He said, it will be little bit cheaper if caused by the IC or capacitor. In fact you can buy the parts and DIY. Another friend who used to be the AV Salesman told me the same thing. I checked with Sony Service Centre and they told that for this type of TV the charges are RM70 for the labour, RM25 for transport/on site charge and these do not include the parts or RM40 for pick up transport charge. Anyway I just lodged the report to them and yet to confirm the arrangement with their technician tomorrow. Meantime I called my old school buddy who I knew used to have the similar problem last year, in fact his model was exactly same with mine. I found that the symptom was similar with mine and he got it repaired by 3rd party technician and cost about RM180. He got it done within one day! So this evening, on the way back home from office, I stopped by at OUG and Sri Petaling to look for any tv repairmen but only managed to get suggested contact from one of the AV shop in OUG. I called that contact and he will come tomorrow to check my tv and he mentioned that it will cost approximately around RM120 to RM130 but he has to check the exact problem first. I'm thinking, if I get Sony to do it, it will take more days and this guy said, it will take 1 to 2 day, so I decided to ask him to come tomorrow. Time is really crucial to me because it is just 2 more days to go before the World Cup 2010! Yes, I repeat World Cup or makan bola, tido bola! I do not mind not having tv for some weeks but not now! I still got my desktop for my kids or the Mem entertainment.

2 comments:

Sizuka said...

beli tv baru je la :D

ps : how come the verification word that i have to key in is "unbra"? ini menunjukkan betapa kuning nye otak tuan empunya blog.. hahahha

potech said...

tu sebab otak org yg nak komen tu thehehe