Saturday, February 26, 2011

Nasi Minang (Part 2) - Restoran Sambal Hijau, Sungai Penchala, Kuala Lumpur

At last I got chance to eat here, Sambal Hijau (green chili paste) restaurant after heard about it for quite sometime. It serves Minang and Malay dishes as well, open from 6.30AM until 2AM. When looking to its food counter, there were still variety of dishes left over from lunch hour since I reached there about 4.30PM, otherwise I would cramp my head to choose which dishes to eat. I will come here again during lunch hour to drool other dishes and it would be packed with people, I bet!
sambal hitam 
There were some Minang authentic dishes such as rendang minang, chili brinjal, chili fried chicken and the most important dish, sambal hijau. Interestingly, there was other sambal, sambal hitam (black chili paste) and the usual sambal. I took all of them which was the first thing I chosen before the dishes, ended up with hot grumpy stomach at home. I also took rendang minang, chili fried sardin fish and gulai nangka . I took the bubur sum-sum as dessert after finished hot flame lunch.This bubur or porridge sum-sum is not really a porridge but it is more taste and like as lompat tikam, a traditional Malay sweet pudding. There are also hot wok dishes started in the evening until night and as well as the breakfast as I saw the menu really variety of choices. My lunch dishes was delicious and tasty even though I felt that their dishes not so scrumptious Minang dishes as I used to have other places. Could be the mixed dishes with Malay cuisine? The price was quite reasonable, I spent RM33+ for 4 adults lunch meal and 2 for kids.
Dishes
This restaurant located beside Kampung Sungai Penchala mosque, opposite the T-traffic light junction. It is really easy to find, if you come from Damansara Perdana or Mutiara Damansara via Penchala Link. Exit to Sungai Penchala then at the first traffic light turn left and go straight then reach second traffic light opposite the mosque. You can see this restaurant from that distance on the left, beside the mosque. The parking spot is quite limited and challenging since it is located at the junction. Restoran Sambal Hijau can be contacted at 03 77253259. Let’s give them the points:
Overall: 4.3 / 5
Price: 4
Taste: 4.5
Environment: 4
Service: 4.5         

No comments: